Portpatrick Dunskey Golf Club, with its picturesque 18-hole and Portpatrick Dinvin 9-hole courses, is perched high on the north cliff overlooking the harbour while bowls, tennis and putting are available near the harbour in summer. There are numerous other golf clubs in and around the area while the village lies not far from the world-famous Turnberry course.
Wigtownshire County Golf Club lies just around Luce Bay from Portpatrick while Stranraer Golf Course sits 7 miles away.
The Dumfries and Galloway Gateway to Golf Pass is your passport to great value golf on a choice of 25 Dumfries & Galloway golf courses. The pass also allows you to choose to focus on one of three golf trails - the Tiger, the Challenge or the Little Gems - devised with golfing ability, time and budget in mind, or mix and match the trails to suit your itinerary and preferences.
Participating courses: Brighouse Bay; Castle Douglas; Colvend; Craigieknowes; The Crichton; Dalbeattie; Dumfries & County; Dumfries & Galloway; Gatehouse of Fleet; Kirkcudbright; Langholm; Lochmaben; Lockerbie; Moffat; New Galloway; Newton Stewart; Portpatrick (Dunskey & Dinvin); Powfoot; St Medan; Solway Links; Southerness; Stranraer; Thornhill; Tongland; and Wigtownshire County.
- Portpatrick Golf Club is probably the most complete golf facility in south-west Scotland. Founded in 1903, it offers not only the championship Dunskey course, but also the par 3 Dinvin course and practice facilities. And of course, all this with its stunning views towards the Mull of Kintyre in the north, Northern Ireland to the west and the Isle of Man to the south.
- Portpatrick Dinvin is a pay-and-play course that only needs about one hour to complete and does not require advance booking.
- Stranraer Golf Club was the final course to be designed by James Braid and is situated on the shores of Loch Ryan with stunning views of not only Ailsa Craig, but even the Isle of Arran.
- Wigtownshire Golf Club is a popular 18-hole holiday golf course in the region, situated on the shores of Luce Bay.
- St Medans Golf Club is another 9-hole course on the shores of Luce Bay.
- Green Valley Golf Academy near Castle Kennedy (about 12 miles from The Attic) is home to a 6-hole course, a driving range and a recently installed Footgolf facility. The 6-hole course is a pay-and-play facility that doesn't require prior booking.